Farmers Market Friends travels to markets around the world to discover the most delicious goods and creative makers. We’re sharing recipes and direct advice from the growers and makers themselves to inspire your culinary curiosities. Happy cooking!
Farmers Market Recipe by Darla’s Bagels (Nashville, Tennessee)
Serving Size: 6-8 Servings
1/4 cup full fat milk
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
2 cups roughly chopped kale
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
– Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
– Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a hot cast iron pan
– Add your tomatoes and kale until the kale wilts (about 3 minutes). Add generous pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from heat
– In a different bowl, crack your eggs and add your full fat milk.
– Halve lemon and squeeze lemon juice from both halves into the bowl with eggs. Be careful not get lemon seeds in the mixture.
– Stir vigorously until almost frothy.
– Carefully add egg mixture to your cast iron pan. Combine.
– Put cast iron in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your pan. Check about 5 minutes before you plan to remove from the oven to make sure Frittata does not overcook.
– At this point, you can add your cheese to the top of the frittata and let it finish baking.
Frittata is great as leftovers and great served at room temperature. Get some fresh bread or bagels and cut your frittata into appropriate sizes. Place your cut Frittata on the bread. For an added touch, combine handful of arugula with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Combine and add to the sandwich.
Darla’s Bagels is a wholesale bagel company located in Nashville, TN. We specialize in handmade and artisanal style bagels made fresh every day. We also make custom bagel flavors for our customers.
Find Darla’s Bagels:
You can find Darla’s Bagels at the East Nashville Farmers Market and Hip Donelson Farmers Market. You can also get Darla’s Bagels at a few local Nashville area businesses, including Dose, The Loading Dock, Citizen Kitchen, and Tin Cup.
About photo courtesy of Darla’s Bagels
Frittata photos taken by DLSH.com (it was really so delicious)
More Delicious Farmers Market Recipes
Thank you for visiting DLSH.com, the the online farmers market hub. We travel the country (and world!) in search of farmers markets to meet the growers and makers, so we can share their stories and products with you on our marketplace and blog. Please follow our journey! @farmers_market_friends on Instagram. And sign up for our newsletter below!
See our blog page to see more of our farmers market discoveries from across the USA. And if you’re interested in purchasing products from these makers, check out our online farmers marketplace that sources unique goods from growers and food crafters located all across the country.